Recently I worked on a wordpress website project that has potential information on every page of the site. By default meta tags are provided in the header section of your wordpress site to include keywords and description of your website. It’s recommended. But in-order to make the site more SEO friendly I installed a simple plug-in called “Simple SEO pack”. Once you install it, you can add unique keywords and description to each page/post which helps you to get more search results. Normally all search engines reads the content of your page/post for keywords to match the search criteria of the user. But including unique keywords and description to each page/post makes the job easy for search engines.
Here are the steps to install and activate the plug-in.
- Log-in to your wordpress site.
- In the admin, go to the plug-ins tab where you see all the plug-ins in your site.
- Click ‘add new’.
- In the search field, type Simple SEO pack and Install it.
- Once it’s installed, activate the plug-in.
- Now create a new page/post or open the existing page/post to add the keywords and description.
- After you open the page/post, you see a section called ‘Simple SEO Meta Tags’, under which you see fields called Keywords and Description.