Recently I was working on a project where I needed to show different menu’s on the sidebar based on the role with which the user was logging in.
As usual I went our trusted source WordPress.org to see if there were any plugins that would solve my needs with ease. Nope.
I then started search in Google for commercial login plugins that would allow me to show a login widget and when the user logs in, display a custom menu based on their role. Again Nope.
Enter Siris Login Widget.
My goal for creating this plugin was very simple. Display a simple Login widget on the sidebar. Once the user logs in, display a Customized Menu.
|Anonymous View||Logged in View|
- Install and activate Siris Login Widget
- Install, activate and register Jetpack from WordPress.com
- Go to Jetpack settings
- Activate ‘Widget Visibility’ module
- In the WordPress dashboard:
- Go to Menus under Appearance tab
- Create a new Menu
- Go to Widgets under Appearance tab
- Add the Siris Login Widget
- In the Widget options, select the name of the menu you want to show
- Select your visibility rules
You are all set to roll!!!
You can download the plugin here.